This course includes a study of the principles of biblical interpretation, an introduction to the major resources available as an aid to biblical interpretation, and an exegetical study of selected passages from the various genres of biblical literature. The term hermeneutics can be intimidating. It sounds academic and is foreign to most of our vocabularies. However, the act of interpretation is as common as communication itself. This course will instruct in various parameters for biblical interpretation and will show how specific methods are applied to Bible study.
Upon completion of the program and final exam, students will be presented with a Certificate of Completion that can be uploaded from the course.
What you’ll learn in this course:
- Testing Training Included
- Introduces the discipline of Bible study
- Covers its place and function in the encyclopedia of hermeneutics
- Provides a brief history, a working definition, various models and practitioners, and hermeneutics and Biblical Theology
- Focuses on the observation, interpretation, and application of the Word of God